Summary: Serves as a resource to an organization to facilitate problem solving, assists all levels of employees and management in identifying waste and improvement opportunities, instructs on appropriate process improvement methods, and leads effective implementation and use of Continuous improvement (CI) tools and methods. by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
• Assures that all practices are utilized to drive results and that projects are completed on time
• Ensures that standard operating procedures exist to meet both the short- and long-term needs of the business and shares best practices
• Leads audit processes, addresses nonconformities from audits, and uses data to drive decisions to help specific departments or the organization become more proactive in process control and reacting identifying and communicating quality and process issues
• Work with plant and/or department management to simplify and combine processes.
• Document current and ideal practices and use post-completion audits to assure compliance of improvements.
• Regular attendance, ability to arrive at work punctually, ability to work on–site.
• Ability to work cooperatively with others, ability to deal respectfully with the public, customers, vendors, other employees, managment
• Ability to perform multiple tasks concurrently, ability to work in a fast-paced environment, ability to interchange with others
• Assumes other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned
If you meet these requirements, please submit your resume or contact us for an appointment - 918-933-5555. Walk-ins are welcome. Feel free to stop by 7131 Riverside Parkway, M-F from 8am-5pm. You must bring two forms of unexpired government-issued identification documents.
HireCall is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.