Job Title: Purchasing Manager
Location: Ball Ground, GA
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Director of Manufacturing
The Purchasing Manager will oversee all areas of purchasing for all locations to ensure that products are on-schedule and within quality standards, while continuously achieving cost objectives. The Purchasing Manager must possess excellent planning and organization skills with the ability to handle a multitude of projects independently while managing all plant expense budgets, material, and supply inventory. The Purchasing Manager must handle a range of inquiries while negotiating relationships with current and future suppliers. The performance of the Purchasing Manager to source, control, and reduce costs on needed materials/supplies ensures that all plants can achieve the company’s goals. The Purchasing Manager will also have a dotted reporting structure of Purchasing Coordinators/Office Managers at the plant locations.
- Manage all locations controllable expenses.
- Oversee budget and report results proceedings weekly, monthly, and annually.
- Ensure all items have a positive purchase price variance.
- Responsible for developing and implementing an expense control program for each facility.
- Track and report all departmental KPI’s to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Aid in developing expense budgets for all locations and departments.
- Manage and control the company’s external suppliers of goods and services.
- Identify and establish strategic vendor relationships.
- Eliminate “all eggs in one basket” situations.
- Build contingency programs to help offset market fluctuations.
- Manage all interactions with vendors; up to and including face to face interactions.
- Negotiate agreements as necessary.
- Leverage companywide national buying power.
- Inventory management of all inbound purchased items
- Stringent material quality control
- Ensure items are on time to meet the needs of the requestor.
- Manage parts and supply inventory.
- Ensure costing and availability are monitored.
- Reduce companies’ overall liabilities while minimizing related downtime.
- Responsible for cycle counting of raw materials and parts & supplies.
- Develop basic forecasts to meet demand and beat potential price increases.
- Ensure documentation of key items is performed as necessary.
- Oversee all plant related contracts.
- Maintain cost tracking to assist in managing accounting standards.
- Upkeep of pertinent vendor and item info
- Responsible for documentation of all purchasing and inventory procedures
- Continually evaluate and improve purchasing methods to satisfy plant needs, reduce cost, and provide value to both external, as well as internal customers
- Performs other duties, appropriate to the role, as may be required by Plant or Operations Manager.
- Proficient in administrative and computer functions (Office, Accounting based programming).
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- Driven, self-motivated problem solver.
- Professional, fair, balanced people skills and team building experience.
- Exceptional problem solving, project management and analysis skills.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position is not physically demanding, it requires sitting for long periods of time, verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to operate a computer and telephone.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk to here. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Generally, in an office environment, this position resides in a manufacturing/warehouse setting, with some outdoor exposure during the workday. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high. Proper PPE will be administered. The employee will be frequently exposed to mechanical parts and vibration. This position will be based out of Ball Ground, GA. With frequent involvement at the Corporate Office in Woodstock, GA.
1-2+ visits to each out of state location
BS in Management; or other Business-related field or related experience.
Strong P&L and budgeting experience
3-5 years in a buying/purchasing role or related experience.