Diesel Engine Mechanic or Motorcycle Engine Mechanic
The Diesel Engine Mechanic is a skilled and experienced professional responsible for performing repairs, overhauls, and maintenance on diesel engines used in various vehicles, machinery, and equipment. This role plays a critical part in ensuring the reliability, efficiency, and optimal performance of diesel-powered vehicles and machines.
- Engine Repairs and Overhauls: Diagnose and troubleshoot diesel engine problems and failures. Perform necessary repairs and overhauls to restore engines to proper working condition.
- Cylinder Repairs: Handle cylinder repairs and overhauls, including the installation of guides, cutting seats, and performing ring finish with a ball hone.
- Fuel System Maintenance: Inspect, clean, and repair fuel injection systems, pumps, and injectors to ensure proper fuel delivery and combustion efficiency.
- Air and Cooling Systems: Service and repair air intake systems, turbochargers, intercoolers, and cooling systems to maintain proper engine temperature and performance.
- Electrical Systems: Diagnose and repair electrical components related to engine operation, such as starters, alternators, and sensors.
- Engine Rebuilds: Overhaul and rebuild diesel engines as needed, ensuring precise measurements, fitting, and alignment of components.
- Preventive Maintenance: Perform scheduled preventive maintenance on diesel engines to prevent breakdowns and extend the lifespan of the engines.
- Diagnostic Tools: Utilize diagnostic tools and equipment to identify engine issues accurately and efficiently.
- Documentation: Maintain detailed records of engine repairs, maintenance, and service performed. Generate service reports and documentation for internal and customer use.
- Safety Compliance: Adhere to safety guidelines and procedures while working on diesel engines and handling hazardous materials. Promote a culture of safety awareness in the workshop.
- Customer Interaction: Communicate effectively with customers to understand engine issues, provide repair recommendations, and address any concerns.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- High school diploma or equivalent education.
- Relevant technical education or certification in diesel engine mechanics is highly desirable.
- Proven experience as a diesel engine mechanic, preferably in an automotive or heavy equipment repair setting.
- Strong knowledge of diesel engine operation, components, and systems.
- Familiarity with diagnostic tools, such as scan tools and engine analyzers.
- Proficient in reading and interpreting technical manuals, schematics, and blueprints.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Physical stamina and ability to lift heavy engine components and equipment.
- Attention to detail and precision in engine repairs and measurements.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to continuously update skills and knowledge in diesel engine technology.
If you meet these requirements, please submit your resume, or contact us for an appointment - 918-933-5555. Walkins are welcome. Feel free to stop by 7131 Riverside Parkway, M-F from 8am-5pm. You must bring two forms of unexpired government-issued identification documents.
HireCall is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity.