The Header Blaster/Painter is a skilled and specialized position within the manufacturing industry responsible for preparing, blasting, and painting headers. This role plays a crucial part in ensuring the quality and durability of headers.
- Preparation and Inspection: Thoroughly inspect headers for imperfections, rust, dirt, or any contaminants that may affect the painting process. Identify areas that need repair or refinishing.
- Surface Blasting: Utilize abrasive blasting equipment, such as sandblasting machines, to remove old paint, rust, and other surface debris from headers. The blasting process helps create a clean and smooth surface for the paint to adhere to.
- Paint Application: Select appropriate paint types, colors, and finishes based on job requirements and specifications. Apply paint evenly and skillfully using various techniques, such as spray painting or hand-painting, to achieve a high-quality finish.
- Mixing and Matching Paints: Prepare and mix paint colors to achieve desired shades or match existing color patterns. Maintain an inventory of paints and related materials.
- Equipment Maintenance: Regularly inspect, clean, and maintain blasting and painting equipment to ensure they function optimally and safely. Report any malfunctions or necessary repairs to the supervisor.
- Quality Control: Conduct thorough inspections of painted headers to ensure they meet quality standards and specifications. Address any touch-ups or rework required to meet customer expectations.
- Safety and Compliance: Adhere to all safety protocols and guidelines while handling hazardous materials, chemicals, and operating machinery. Follow company and regulatory policies to ensure a safe work environment.
- Record Keeping: Maintain detailed records of completed projects, materials used, paint mixing ratios, and any other relevant information. Keep accurate logs for tracking productivity and resource allocation.
- Collaboration: Coordinate with other team members, including engineers, fabricators, and supervisors, to ensure seamless workflow and timely completion of projects.
- Continuous Improvement: Stay updated with industry trends, new painting techniques, and emerging technologies to enhance efficiency and maintain high-quality standards.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- High school diploma or equivalent education.
- Proven experience manufacturing painting, with a focus on headers, is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of various surface preparation techniques and painting methods.
- Familiarity with different paint types, coatings, and finishes.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and technical specifications.
- Detail-oriented with a keen eye for quality and precision.
- Proficiency in operating blasting and painting equipment.
- Strong understanding of safety guidelines and procedures related to paint applications.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Effective communication and teamwork abilities.
If you meet these requirements, please submit your resume or contact us for an appointment - 918-933-5555. Walkins are welcome. Feel free to stop by 7131 Riverside Parkway, M-F from 8am-5pm. You must bring two forms of unexpired government-issued identification documents.
HireCall is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity.