Ability to diagnose and solve customer issues while providing excellent customer service; must be able to manage service calls while working independently with little supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installation and start-up of new & second-hand machines and complete lines.
- Packaging format tooling installation, set-up & testing.
- Onsite repairs for machine breakdowns. Test repaired items to ensure compliance with technical specifications.
- Perform quality control tests on repaired equipment, as needed.
- Training on machines for Operators and Maintenance Technicians.
- Perform any trials with products and packaging formats on customer sites.
- Technical advice to the customer.
- Establish and implement technical instruction programs for customers.
- During these calls, inspect and diagnose equipment for faults and completeness. Test equipment to determine operational condition. Troubleshoot to determine location and extent of equipment faults. Repair equipment by adjusting, aligning, repairing, or replacing defective components.
- Dismantling of machines for refurbishment or moving
- Responsibility to understand and Follow all Federal, State, and City laws and regulations. Any violations are at service technicians’ expense.
- Understand invoicing procedures to include labor rate, taxes, markups, mileage rates, etc. to accomplish Field Service Invoicing.
- Responsible for knowing and assisting with sales goals.
Physical Demands and Requirements:
- Ability to frequently lift to 50 lbs. Able to lift 65 lbs. from floor to shoulder level occasionally.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry, push, or pull up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to operate a forklift and crane.
- Must be able to stand and work on ladder or scissors lift and to crawl in tight spaces to perform installation and repair. May be exposed to heat, cold, grease, and noise on locations.
- Must be able to drive service vehicle at least 80 continuous miles.
- Requires frequent bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, climbing, balancing, lifting, carrying, and reaching or handling with arms, hands, and fingers. Also crawling and working in narrow spaces.
- Requires frequent repetitive movements, i.e., hammering, turning wrenches, or used screwdrivers.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to work with fingers.
- Pass and maintain DOT Physical and Drug Screening
If you meet these requirements, please submit your resume to email@example.com or call 918.933.5577 to schedule your interview with Kristy. Walkins are welcome. Feel free to stop by 7131 Riverside Parkway, M-F from 8am-5pm. You must bring two forms of unexpired government-issued identification documents.
HireCall is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity.